Specialist Visiting Consultants
Clinics are held at the Medical Centre by visiting consultants in the following:
- General Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
Specialist Visiting Consultants - Referrals
One of our practice nurse team usually works alongside the consultant. Your doctor will make a referral and our Medical Secretary Team will arrange your appointment.
Other Clinics Available
- Cardiac Monitoring
- Health Visitor Clinics
- Prostate Assessment Clinic (BPH)
- Travel Advice and Vaccinations
- Smoking Cessation:
Do you want to stop smoking? If supported by a smoking cessation advisor you are 200% more likely to quit successfully.
Here at NPMC we have a dedicated smoking cessation advisor. Beverly is available on Wednesday afternoons. You can book directly through reception or you can ask for Beverly to call you back for more information on the service we offer.
If you have recently had Physiotherapy at NPMC please fill in the questionnaire below and return to the Medical Centre. Thank you
PATIENT QUESTIONNAIRE (Common V1) with scores.doc
We have blood clinic appointments every day Monday to Friday.
These appointments are available in the following clinics and can usually be booked within a few days.
- Phlebotomist blood clinics
- Health Care Assistant clinics
- You do not need to fast for any blood test, unless your doctor requests you to have a FASTING GLUCOSE. In that case you need to have water only for the preceding 8 hours to your appointment time. Any regular medication can be taken with water.
Please look at NHS choices on why we produce wax in our ears and when it starts to cause a problem. http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/earwax/
At Newport Pagnell Medical Centre and NPMC@Willen we provide an ear syringing service. This service is provided to those patients who have compacted ear wax in their ear canals.
Ear syringing is a non-urgent procedure. You must soften the wax before ear syringing. The best way to achieve softened wax is to apply olive oil into the ear canal. Ear syringing cannot occur if the wax has not been fully softened. The nurse may advise you to return in 5-7 days after more oiling. Use 1-2 drops of olive oil (avoid extra virgin) twice daily for at least 7-10 days.
Before booking for ear syringing alternative options are available:
1) Olive oil – oiling for a period of 10 days may soften the wax and reduce the need for syringing.
2) Ear wax softeners – speak to your local pharmacist about a suitable product to use.
3) Micro-suction – private companies now offer Micro-suctioning. Our nearest clinic is Bedford. Appointments range from £50 -£80 www.earwaxclinic.co.uk