Our Receptionists have been trained as Patient Navigators.
The members of our Reception Team have received training to enhance their ability to connect patients directly with the most appropriate source of help, and are now known as Patient Navigators. When patients contact the practice, the patient navigator identifies what their need is, and who will be the most appropriate person to meet their need, whether this be a GP or other option.
Services to which patients may be signposted include:
- Minor illness and Practice Nurse Appointments in the practice
- Pharmacy First
- Children’s Primary Care Team
- MK health extra appointments at other surgeries
- Connect Physiotherapy Service Self-Referral
- 111 in order to access an emergency dentist
- District Nursing and Support Services for carers and older people