A new Change4Life campaign ‘Smart Swap’ launches in January to encourage families to make one easy swap to help cut sugar and fat from their everyday snacks, drinks and meals. Adverts will run on TV, radio with a focus on five simple Smart Swaps:
- Sugary drinks to diet, sugar free or no added sugar drinks or to low fat milk or water
- Cheese to reduced fat cheese
- Butter to lower fat butters or spreads
- Sugary cereal to low sugar cereal, for example, plain whole wheat cereal biscuits, plain shredded whole grain or plain porridge
- Whole milk to semi-skimmed; or semi-skimmed to 1% fat or skimmed milk
The Health Harms campaign reminds smokers about the physical damage caused by smoking, TV and digital advertising will feature ‘Rotten Roll-up’ and ‘Mutations’ adverts as in previous years to clearly illustrate the harm caused by all forms of smoking - rolls up and bought cigarettes. It will dramatize the immediate harm caused by every single cigarette and make the invisible damage visible.
The campaign will capitalise on seasonal motivation to make healthy changes including stopping smoking.
The advertising will encourage smokers to search Smokefree for free and proven support in the form of the Quit Kit, Smokefree app, text and emails,