Help us to help safeguard our NHS resources
A parliamentary accounts committee has estimated something like £100 million a year is wasted on medicines that never get used. In order to help reduce ongoing wastage, we have changed the length of repeat prescriptions we issue to TWO MONTHS supply at a time only.
Please be reassured that the availability of medication post Brexit is being closely monitored nationally. You are kindly asked not to stockpile your medication as this will create unnecessary stock shortages. Just order your usual quantities as normal. Thank you.
To Order Repeat Prescriptions
We want to make prescription re-ordering as accurate, efficient and easy to use as possible and are therefore unable to accept repeat prescription requests by telephone.
This will help to ensure there are no misunderstandings over medication being requested. It will also make our telephone lines more available for patients requesting appointments.
Ways to order a repeat prescription:
- Hand in a completed repeat prescription request form to reception.
- Hand in the prescription re-order form to reception ( this will be attached to your last prescription)
- Register for the online service. To register you will need to come into the surgery and provide photographic ID they will then grant you access to "SystmOnline" and print you a username and password. Then log in to your "home page" on SystmOnline to order your repeat medication.
- Send a written request by post
- Fax your completed request form to 01908 619904
- Register with your local chemist to automatically request one for you.
Please use the attached Repeat Prescription Request Form if you are making a request via post, fax or by hand.
Please allow at least 48 hours for the repeat prescription to be issued.
If your repeat prescriptions go direct to a pharmacist, please allow 72 hours before collecting.
Housebound and infirm patients are still able to request prescriptions by telephone - please contact us for details.